Personalize your mornings with these simple DIY chalkboard mugs!
There are a lot of DIY mug ideas floating around on the Internet, and I’ve always loved the idea of DIY chalkboard mugs, so I decided to give it a whirl. Mixing a little creativity with your morning java? What a great idea!
What I used:
- One or two porcelain mugs
- Painter’s tape
- Pebeo Porcelain 150 Chalkboard Paint
- Sponge brushInstructions:
Tape off the mugs around the centre or where you want the paint to start – just make sure you don’t paint where your lips touch (don’t forget to tape off the handle too!). I used masking tape, but the paint seeped through a bit, so I would definitely use painter’s tape the next time.
- Paint one layer of chalkboard paint below the tape. Let dry and paint another layer (I needed two, you might only need one).
- Let dry for at least 24 hours. After 24 hours, peel the tape off and scrape off any excess paint. Place mug upside down on baking sheet and bake in oven at 350°C for 35 minutes. Once baked, turn off oven and let mug cool down in oven before removing. Take a piece of chalk and rub all over chalkboard paint to prep the surface. Rub off.
- Make sure you wash completely before using. There you have it – your own DIY chalkboard mugs to personalize any way you like it! They would also make the perfect hostess gift, paired with some of your favourite teas!