A few weeks ago I shared my DIY baby book crate that I made for my friend’s shower, and today, in continuation of all things baby, I’m here to show you the invitations I made! Since the shower was a surprise, I made an extra one and gave it to the momma-to-be with her gifts! Also, less than a month until this little one makes her appearance! I’m so excited to be an aunt… well, sort of
What you’ll need:
- 5″ square card stock cutouts (I used my Cricut)
- 4.5″ square invitation cutouts (with the main information on one of the cutouts, and the registry and RSVP information on another cutout) – leaving a strip in the middle for ribbon
- Washi tape
- Thin ribbon
- Small stamp (I got mine from Michaels)
- Glue gun
- Spray adhesiv
- Step 1: Attach a piece of washi tape to each of the invitation cutouts, leaving a little extra at each end (these will fold over later)
- Step 2: Using your glue gun, glue the ribbon on top of the washi tape, again leaving a little bit of extra at each end. Repeat for the back of the invitation.
Step 3: Fold over the washi tape edges on to the back of the invitation and using your glue gun, glue the edges of the ribbon to the back.
Step 4: Using a small stamp (I used a heart stamp), stamp a piece of card stock and cut out the shape, hot gluing it to the right side of the ribbon, on a slight angle.
- Step 5: Using adhesive spray, adhere the invitation to the card stock cutouts, repeating for the back. Place the invitations under a heavy pile of books to ensure they dry flat.
- And there you have it – cute and simple DIY baby shower invitations!
- What are some of your favourite DIY baby shower creations? Share them in the comments below, I’d love to see them Like what you see? Check out my newly opened Etsy shop!